If you have your own business or work for another, you have definitely encountered marketing. Proper marketing is extremely important for quality brand growth, increased sales or reaching people. If you use social networks and you haven’t given a chance to search engines like Google yet, you can lose a lot of potential customers.
In this article, we’ll cover what Google and Google Ads are, how to create an account, and what you’ll need to advertise on this most popular network.
Every one of us knows what Google is and how to use it. It is the quickest and best option if you are looking for something specific, such as nearby restaurants, directions to some places, education or just fun.
Did you know that there are about 5.6 billion searches per day? That is really impressive. Imagine the opportunity to put your ads, restaurant or other businesses on this network. With the right settings there is guaranteed success for your business.
Google noticed the high popularity of their search engine and took the opportunity to create the possibility of paid advertisements on their network. As the time passed, Google advanced to even more networks, such as Google Search, Google Display, YouTube and Gmail. This means your ads can be seen on all of these networks so your success chance will be really high.
Besides paid search you can improve your page SEO (search engine optimization) to be seen in the first posts of the organic search.
Google Ads works on the pay-per-click auction. This means, you will pay only for the clicks from people who clicked on your ad. If you are wondering if you need to pay for showing your ads, the answer is no.
Google Ads offers many types of ads. You can choose the right one for you or you can combine them.
Currently you can choose from:
- Search campaigns – Classic and most popular option in Google Ads. They are easy to set up, they offer highly specific targeting and you can create many variations.
- Display campaigns – This type of campaign lets you reach people with visually engaging content or ads. They can also be used for remarketing which helps you get back people who left your site without purchase.
- Video campaigns – If you want to tell a story, this is the best opportunity for you. You can achieve many sales and leads or expand your reach.
- Shopping campaigns – They are one of the best behaving ads you can create. If you have a big product inventory, shopping campaigns are the best for you. They contain images, descriptions and links so visitors have everything at one place.
- Apps campaigns – These ads let you promote your apps to other apps users and increase your sales or downloads.
- Local campaigns – If you have physical stores, these campaigns can help you bring new people to your store.
- Smart campaigns – Fully automated campaigns where you put your trust to advanced artificial intelligence that is trying to achieve your goals.
How to start with Google Ads
First of all, we recommend that you create a GMAIL account. With this account, you’ll be able to sign in to all the accounts you need to advertise, and you’ll be able to link them with one click.
You need to create Google Ads, Google Merchant and Google Analytics if you want to create your first successful campaign. In Google Ads you will be able to create your ads, in Google Merchant you can import and optimize your product data feed if you want to create ads to your inventory and iny Google Analytics you will be able to track your progress and see where people clicked on your site so you can improve it.
We tried to explain to you what Google and Google Ads is and introduce you to many opportunities that are waiting for you. If you found at least one campaign that would be a great improvement for your business, do not hesitate and try it out! We wish you all the best.