The 8th Edition of Big BFSI Future Tech Show addressed major digital innovation bottlenecks and untapped opportunities in the Indian BFSI & NBFC industry. The conference succeeded in exploring the latest digital transformation strategies, trends and solutions for BFSI and NBFCs with India’s top government and industry leaders.
Monday, 24 August 2020: On Thursday, the 8th Edition of Big BFSI Future Tech Show provided a comprehensive digital platform for hundreds of pre-qualified C-level Decision Makers and fintech enthusiasts to discuss India’s next big step in exploiting future technologies. The conference was hosted on the recently launched virtual events platform, vmeets that featured powerful keynotes, exciting panel discussions, technology use-cases, product showcases and other insightful sessions from key players in the BFSI sector.
The agenda of the conference covered the impact of AI, ML, IoT & Big Data Analytics in the BFSI & NBFC sector; concerns of data security and compliances involved in the process of moving to cloud platforms; cyber threat intelligence and risks for the BFSI Sector in India (BCP); to name a few.
The event was an outstanding example of how digital innovation can open the doors to financial inclusion in a post-Covid world.
Excerpts from Big BFSI Future Tech Show
- The conference opened with a government keynote from Pawan Kumar, Director, Investment and Digital Economy for the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India. Pawan who works with various departments of the government and regulators to facilitate innovation and investments in the FinTech Sector, gave an overview of India’s BFSI landscape. He said “We have laid a robust digital foundation over a period of two years with the help of progressive regulators like RBI and different government departments. The agenda for this year is to achieve digital financial inclusion for everyone including women, SMEs and the youth of the country.”
- Dr Anand Shrivastav, Member of RBI’s Financial Inclusion Advisory Committee and speaker on the government panel discussion, outlined India’s progress in terms of the overall regulation architecture for financial inclusion under The National Strategy for Financial Inclusion 2019-2024.
- Other insightful sessions included a government keynote from Rajagopal Devara, Principal Secretary, Financial Reforms for Government of Maharashtra on reviving the economy and creating the new normal.
- A tech talk on Security and Compliance in a Hyper-Distributed Era from Rahul Arora, Country Manager – Strategic Sales for SonicWall
- A panel discussion on data analytics backed by AI and ML to transform the BFSI & NBFC sector that featured speakers from top companies such as Amit Saxena, Deputy CTO of SBI; Anish Agarwal, Director of Data & Analytics at NatWest Group; Ayaskant Mohapatra, CIO, BOB Financial Solutions Limited; Ashish Ojha, VP – IT for Aye Finance and Dr Mukesh Mehta, CTO at Batlivala & Karani Securities Ltd.
Big BFSI Future Tech Show took place in an immersive online setting where attendees engaged with speakers in Q&A sessions and networked with solution providers in private consultation rooms and private networking rooms.
About Big BFSI Future Tech Show
Big BFSI Future Tech Show is a thought-leadership driven, a business-focused initiative that provides a platform for tech leaders who are looking to explore and adopt new-age future-tech within their BFSI & NBFCs.
For further details about the announcement, please contact:
Corporate Communications Manager