Developed by MultiversX Labs, xPortal is a digital crypto wallet and global payments “Super app” that allows users to exchange and securely manage crypto on their mobile phones.
Working to become an easy-to-use portal for Web3 apps and Metaverse experiences, xPortal includes a suite of features designed to seamlessly integrate digital finance, money, and cryptocurrencies, along with social features such as end-to-end encrypted messaging, or AI avatars.
With just a few taps or the simple sending of a message, users can easily send and receive money, cryptocurrencies, and NFTs, make payments, use a debit card, track investments, and explore financial, crypto, and NFT ecosystems.
Web3 and Metaverse have become popular terms when people discuss the future of the internet. It can be seen that blockchain technologies, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and cryptocurrencies have also become hot topics over the last few years.
Web3 is considered one of the significant evolutions in the internet, the technology allows users to control and own their data, creations, digital assets, and online identities.
The idea of Web3 is to create a more democratized internet where no single entity controls the flow of information, therefore, it aims to use blockchain technology to decentralize the internet and take away central control from any third party.
Meanwhile, the Metaverse is a three-dimensional virtual world that combines VR, AR, video, and blockchain to set up virtual worlds, resembling the real world and allow humans to coexist in the form of avatars and digital figures.
What Is xPortal?
Not only do both Web3 and Metaverse aim to offer a user-centric web experience, but Web3 and Metaverse technologies also perfectly support each other.
Web3 can allow the seamless use of cryptocurrency and NFTs as the economic backbone in the Metaverse while the Metaverse will interlink different virtual worlds and bring assets from one to another.
As the Web3 Metaverse relationship is expected to manifest a new kind of internet, many projects have been developed to change the things people can do on it. The xPortal Super App of MultiversX Labs is an example.
MultiversX, formerly called Elrond, rebranded itself to MultiversX to signal a shift to the metaverse and Web3 integrations built on its prior work as a layer 1 blockchain. The launch of the xPortal is considered an instrumental step for the company to build the backbone for a new digital financial system.
Therefore, users can use xPortal to send and receive crypto near-instantly, to and from anyone around the world.
What Does xPortal Offer?
xPortal is a non-custodial wallet. Therefore, only the user has control over their funds and access to dApps.
Your crypto is not stored in xPortal but in the blockchain. xPortal is just a simple and intuitive interface that you can leverage to access and manage your funds. Its main features include:
- Watchlist: this allows you to build and track a list of certain tokens that you are interested in.
- Market: allows you to visualize the variations of certain market main indicators and variations of the market related to cryptocurrencies.
- Social: you can interact with your friends within the xPortal App. To do this, open the app, click on the upper right corner on “Social” and start chatting with your friends. Not only that, but you can also explore the updates from the “Feed” tab, share NFTs, and photos, and send tokens directly via messages.
- Play & Earn: many challenges with certain prizes based on the leaderboard and XP for you to complete and win XP.
- Hub: a way to quickly access the xPortal’s main apps and ecosystem.
- xPortal Avatar: you can create your AI-generated 3D avatar by taking some selfies, then choosing your character style and the background setup. Otherwise, you can also write your own story on how the avatar should look and let the AI do the work.
- Insider: informs you of the latest news in the blockchain space and the most important news related to MultiversX.
- MultiversX Debit Card: this Mastercard card is used to order in the app. To date, the cards are available only in European countries.
- Swaps ESDT Tokens: easily swap your eStandard Digital Token (ESDT), a standard token of the MultiversX blockchain platform, directly in the xPortal App, without the need of connecting to xExchange by pressing Swap on the Home screen and select the coins you want to exchange.
How to Get Started with xPortal?
In order to register or create an xPortal account, you, of course, must have a smartphone. Depending on your mobile phone type, you can download the xPortal app from the Apple AppStore or Google PlayStore.
Once the process is completed, open the app and click on “Create a new wallet”, then type in your phone number, add the AUTH verification code, and set up a PIN. After all these steps, you will have a wallet.
There will be a 7-step quest for you to better understand how to use some of xPortal’s key features but you will also earn XP rewards. Go to Play, select Quests, then click Beginner Quest and start to complete all the steps.
On the other hand, you can receive rewards for every friend you invited who uses your referral code. To do this, go to the Play section to find the Invite & Earn feature. Also, you can check your whole contact list there, the invitations you sent, and your pending rewards balance.
Being a referrer, you will get awesome benefits such as earning 100% of your commission every time your friends buy EGLD or creating your avatar with AI when you invite at least 3 friends and many more.
If you are an invitee, you will receive 5$ in EGLD when you purchase at least $100 worth of EGLD. All rewards are sent in EGLD and will be sent directly to the xPortal address associated with your referral code/link once a week.
You can buy EGLD through bank transfers, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Visa, Mastercard, or Revolut transfers.
Click the Buy button in the Home tab, or you also can find the Buy button by clicking the big blue MultiversX logo in the middle. Then, you will need to select one of the available payment processors for your purchase.
In addition, to send the currently integrated tokens to other wallets or exchanges by pressing the Send button, you can also deposit EGLD by selecting the Receive button on the App’s main screen.
Also, you can find a list of the providers featured in the app. The staking agencies or providers do not have direct access to your funds, everything is done in a fully non-custodial and secure manner.
You can search through collections, NFTs, or profiles to find the ones you like. Not only that but also can follow creators and browse through their NFT galleries.
In case you want to switch from an iOS device to an Android device or vice-versa, you will need to use the Secret Phrase when you import the wallet.
Web3 and Metaverse are constructed using cutting-edge technologies that will only further develop from here. Without a doubt, many more advances in blockchain technology will only bring the two concepts closer together in the future.
The exponential growth of NFTs, play-to-earn games, and decentralized organizations like MultiversX have been working nicely to develop Web3 as well as Metaverse.
The xPortal Super App offers a new perspective on the way we experience the digital world in a new kind of internet.
The post xPortal: The Web3 & Metaverse Super App by MultiversX appeared first on Blockonomi.