The decentralized social media platform DSCVR announced today its expansion into the Solana ecosystem. With over 200,000 existing users, DSCVR will now bring its tokenized communities and crypto functionality to the millions of users building on Solana.
- DSCVR, a Web3 social media platform with over 200k users, is launching on the Solana blockchain.
- This will expand DSCVR’s tokenized communities and crypto functionality to the millions of Solana users.
- DSCVR was created as an alternative to traditional social media, with native crypto features like monetization and an open API.
- The launch coincides with Solana’s Breakpoint conference happening in Amsterdam.
- On Solana, DSCVR will introduce SocialFi features like connecting wallets, transacting assets, token-gated communities.
- Several alpha integrations are in place with Solana projects like Magic Eden, FamousFoxFederation, etc.
- DSCVR will highlight launch partners from the Solana ecosystem in the month after launch.
- The goal is to provide novel social experiences and enable transactions directly on a social platform.
Founded as an alternative to traditional social networks, DSCVR combines social media and decentralized finance (DeFi) features like native crypto wallets, seamless monetization, and an open API. According to DSCVR CEO Rick Porter,
“By partnering within the Solana ecosystem, we’re able to support the millions of existing Solana projects, users, developers, and creators who want to use the DSCVR platform to build communities, engage and increasingly transact.”
The integration with Solana will allow DSCVR to introduce core SocialFi features to its platform. Users will be able to connect Phantom wallets, receive airdrops, view and trade assets, display verified profile pictures, and create token-gated communities. DSCVR will also enable innovative social and asset targeting to help communities grow.
Several alpha integrations are already in place with Solana projects like Magic Eden, FamousFoxFederation, and Blocksmith Labs. These will enable seamless digital asset transactions across DSCVR. Throughout the month following launch, DSCVR plans to highlight partners from the Solana ecosystem through airdrops, giveaways, and promotional activities.
Alexa Smith of Polychain Capital noted that for Web3 social media to succeed, platforms need to go beyond just putting existing social media on blockchains. “DSCVR has been able to grow their user base by enabling web3 projects and crypto communities to curate novel social experiences and transact directly on a social platform,” she said.
The launch comes right before Solana’s Breakpoint conference in Amsterdam, where DSCVR plans to host an official launch party. As Solana continues to gain steam, the integration with DSCVR provides another way for its thriving ecosystem to connect, engage, and transact.
The post SocialFi: Web3 Social Media Platform DSCVR Launches on Solana appeared first on Blockonomi.