Modern businesses communicate with customers and clients on various platforms, such as social media, email, live chat, and more. As a result, it is often difficult for companies to maintain a consistent message across the different formats.
However, it is essential to avoid confusing your target market and stand out as a professional, reputable organization. Read these top tips on how to maintain brand consistency online.
Establish Clear, Simple Guidelines
It is essential your marketers, customer service team, and sales representatives are on the same page regarding the brand’s personality. Establishing clear, simple guidelines will ensure your employees will not steer away from your company’s desired image.
The guidelines must provide instructions regarding the brand’s:
- Tone of voice – such as friendly and helpful, technical and formal, or fun and quirky.
- Vocabulary – the words the brand will commonly use, such as specific greetings, signoffs, etc.
- USP – for example, your team should promote a brand’s industry experience and expertise when talking to clients or customers.
A Style Guide
In addition to setting clear guidelines regarding the tone of voice and messaging, you would be smart to create a style guide for everyone to refer to that may need to use it.
Here is some essential information to include:
- How to accurately spell the company name
- The brand’s mission statement
- The company slogan
- The color scheme – be specific about the hues and how to use them.
- Logos – provide information on the correct rendition to use for each platform.
- Typography – the fonts your team must use when writing web content, ads, and sales copy.
- Photo styles and imagery – e.g., the correct photography styles and the feelings they should evoke.
Do not Overlook Communications
Many companies overlook the importance of online communications when it comes to brand consistency. However, it is vital to maintain your company’s image and professionalism when talking to customers or clients online.
In addition to following the guidelines above, your employees must include various visuals when communicating with others. For example, Rocketseed can help brands to create professional, consistent email signatures for a whole team to use. It will establish trust in your brand while helping your business to generate web traffic and sales that you can track.
Create an In-House Branding Squad
As business owners will often focus on big-picture projects, financial targets, and legal issues, they might not have the time to monitor every marketing material or communication. That is why it is wise to create an in-house branding squad to review all ads and communications to ensure they match a company’s brand guidelines and style. Plus, the team could help pinpoint improvements regarding the brand’s tone of voice, messaging, or visuals.
Brand consistency will benefit your business in various ways. It can increase a sense of familiarity with your company. Plus, a consistent tone of voice and communication style could prove you run a professional business with great attention to detail. As a result, it can increase trust and loyalty to your brand.